IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT from your UW TelePAIN Team!
Special offering this summer, at an earlier time (11:00-Noon PDT)- and with free CME available!!
Please join us for the CDC’s partnership with the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control and the University of Washington in the “Clinical Outreach and Clinical Activity (COCA)” webinar series focused on the 2016 CDC Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain.
To access and learn more, follow Link: Conference Call June 22, 2016|Clinicians Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA)
UW TelePain Summer Special Programming Schedule
- Overview of the CDC Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic (Covers all Recommendations 1-12): Wednesday,June 22, 2016 – Dr. David Tauben
- Nonopioid Treatments (Recommendation 1): Wednesday, July 27, 2016 – Dr. James Robinson & Dr. David Tauben – Details for the July 27 Webinar
- Assessing Benefits and Harms of Opioid Therapy (Recommendations 1, 2, 7, 8): Wednesday, August 3, 2016 – Dr. Jane Ballantyne & Dr. Mark Sullivan
- Dosing and Titration of Opioids (Recommendations 4, 5, 7): Wednesday, August 17, 2016 – Dr. Jane Ballantyne & Dr. Mark Sullivan
Future CDC special event scheduling, to be announced (Fall 2016)
- Risk mitigation strategies: PDMPs, UDT, benzodiazepines, and naloxone (addresses Recommendations 8,9,10,11) – Dr. Jane Ballantyne & Dr. Joe Merrill
- Assessment of opioid use disorder and referral to evidence-based treatment (addresses Recommendation 12) – Joseph Merrill, MD/Mark Sullivan, MD
- Effective communication with patients about opioid therapy (addresses Recommendations 2,3,7) – Joseph Merrill, MD/David Tauben, MD
For all webinars, presenters for the Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control: – Deborah Dowell, MD, MPH & Tamara Haegerich, PhD